The Aiming For A Cure Foundation is built upon a foundation of committed people with a great passion to help children and their families that suffer from various forms of cancer.
About Aiming For A Cure
Aiming For A Cure is built upon a foundation of committed people with a great passion to help children and their families that suffer from various forms of cancer.
- The foundation was started in 2003 with an idea formed by Steve and Jodie Ries for their son Ben.
- Together with David Tatman at the University of Iowa Children’s Hospital (now named University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital), they began to formulate a plan and gather the support of others with the same goal.
- With the help of Lisa Baum and Michelle Altmaier, who were with Children’s Miracle Network, it began to take shape and all of the pieces fell together. Each person brought more individuals to provide an enthusiastic group consisting of bankers, business owners, doctors, marketers and a few celebrities. Also joining the group were people that have been touched by the loss of a loved one by cancer.
- Attracting the attention of Hunter’s Specialties, a leader in the outdoor sporting industry, Tim Anderson, former Marketing Director, brought a great list of celebrities, financial backing and volunteers to the first event.
- Highland Hideaway Hunting Club in Riverside, Iowa was chosen as the spot to hold the event partly because of the great people that run it. Ron Rath and Ryan Giannini helped bring it all together with their knowledge of pheasant hunting, group events and special licensing. With a lodge and the grounds needed to support this growing event it was an ideal situation.
- Dozens of volunteers and the organizing committees work year round pooling all of their talents together to make this event what it has become.
- Our Sponsors are what have really made this event such a huge success. Without the financial sponsorship of these companies and yours, we could not provide the much needed financial support to the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital, Helen G. Nassif Community Cancer Center, Hall-Perrine Cancer Center, and Blank Children’s Hospital.
The mission of the Aiming For a Cure Foundation is to raise funds to benefit pediatric oncology patients and families dealing with difficult times and decisions in our local communities. Our goal is to improve the quality of care and quality of lives of these children and families through the funding of research, non-insured expenses and patient care.
Aiming For A Cure Foundation is a 501c3 Non-Profit Organization.
Anyone can support the Aiming For A Cure Foundation. Whether you wish to contribute financially, physically or with products and/or services for our auction, please contact us.
- Financially, any dollar amount is a great help. Please donate and spread the word with your friends, colleagues and employers that you have helped out such a wonderful cause.
- Volunteers are always needed. If you or someone you know is ambitious and eager to help get support, please contact us and we would be glad to have you.
- Product donations are always appreciated for the auction at the annual banquet. If you or your company has a product or service that you would like to donate, please feel free to contact us by e-mail at [email protected].
- Click Here for several other ways that you can support our cause.
Remember, all of us can make a difference but you have the opportunity to make a big difference today!